August 11, 2011

Canning

My mom and I did some canning while I was home. Some things were tried and true (Jam, Peach Butter, and Canned Peaches), and other things were an experiment (Corn, Dry Beans, Chicken). I didn't get a picture of the chicken, which is OK because it wasn't the prettiest thing ever, but MAN WAS IT GOOD. I can't wait to get back there and use her mother-of-a-pressure canner to work up our food storage a little.

Don't you wish you had a mom like mine? She is the best.






2 comments:

Rebecca said...

It all looks gorgeous. Would she consider giving lessons?

Jen, Jenny, Jennifer said...

That all looks so great! One of these days I need my mom to clea her schedule and teach me how to can. We'll have an "official" place for our food storage once the basement is done.