December 21, 2010

Snow Days and Good News

We woke up yesterday morning to 3 or 4 inches of snow, unexpectedly. I'm not sure if we just hadn't watched the news, or if they just didn't talk about it much, but we had no idea the snow was coming. It hasn't stopped snowing since, and now theres about 2 feet outside, and it's still coming down. It's not supposed to stop until tomorrow, and I would guess we could get another foot by then at this rate.

That means that I'm kind of stuck here, which is OK I guess. Snow days mean a pajama party with myself, and a white christmas is always sentimental...

Here are some pictures I took this morning when Justin took Ruby out to piddle. As you can see, it's a lot of snow.



I had a great day yesterday for many many reasons, and here are a few:
  1. Ollie sat in his new high chair for almost an hour while I did the dishes, picked up, and vaccuumed. That is a new record. I think he loves his new chair.
  2. I got to take a shower.
  3. It snowed all day and Justin didn't get in an accident.
  4. I ate way too many Christmas treats, mainly pumpkin cranberry bread, but also pecan puffs.
  5. Despit said indulgence, I dropped another pound, probably due to my newly discovered thyriod problem.
  6. Justin gave Ruby a bath, so she smells like sunflowers and oatmeal.
  7. Justin got a call from his soon-to-be employer! We have been waiting for this for soooo long. He has to go home for one more interview, and we should hopefully be able to find out then what our time line is for GETTING OUT OF UTAH! We didn't get a start date yet, but we should soon.

So Justin is flying home TOMORROW and coming back on Thursday night. I'm really glad that he's going out so soon, so we can keep this ball rolling. Also I'm glad because he'll get to see the family before Christmas! I felt so bad that he wasnt going to get to see them, but now he can, for free. Eventhough its only for a very very short visit.

No comments: