June 18, 2010

The home stretch

39 Weeks tomorrow.

My mom was here this week while Justin was home with the job stuff, and boy was it awesome to have her here. I'm seriously the luckiest girl ever.

I went to the Dr's on Monday the 14th, and was 1cm dialated, 50% effaced. Hopefully I've progressed more since then, and this baby is ready to come any day. I certainly feel like he could come any time. I'm not extremely uncomfortable like everyone says, but I'm getting plenty of pains and aches that I'm hoping are a good sign of things to come soon.

I'll have another appt. on Monday, so we'll see if the pains have been worth it :)

Meanwhile, I've decided to spend this entire week in my PJs, eating chocolate covered raisins with wreckless abandon, crocheting, sewing, and reading a book my Mom brought me, call The Help. So far, so good.

I'll be glad to have Justin home this weekend with me, although I don't think we'll be doing much resting. Justin has a hard time resting, even when I tell him we need to. Saturday is his Orem Ultimate League frisbee tournament, although I'm not sure if he'll be able to play due to a sprained ankle sustained last Saturday playing, you guessed it, Frisbee. The last thing I need now is a husband who can't walk. I'm the one that's supposed to be complaining/uncomfortable/catered to, so if he tries to steal my thunder, I might just get mad. Hahaha. Kidding. Of course...

Anyway, this weekend is the tournament, and we're still teaching our Sunbeam class (anyone want to volunteer to sub? lol. Finding a sub for sunbeams is pretty difficult.) So I think between those things, that will be enough. Also, we have a few arranging things to do around the house: putting some things in the basement, moving the bed so the bassinet will fit next to it, etc.

We bought Ollie's iPod yesterday. I'd say that this boy is going to be spoiled, but he didn't ask for it, it's more of a convenience thing for us. Now we're totally ready. As ready as we could be I guess.

So please think about me/us a little bit, and send some positive vibes our way this week. If you say a prayer, pray he won't be late. Actually, pray for Tuesday or Thursday. That's what I'm doing... hahaha. My favorite Dr. is on call then, so yeah. There's nothing wrong with asking for something specific right?

No comments: