May 7, 2010

Some may find this exhaustive. Too bad.

Justin will probably appreciate me posting, because I don't think he likes seeing his sweet face on our computer screen every time he pulls up the internet. I've been delaying posting about my trip until I get the pictures on my computer, but I haven't loaded them yet, so I guess I'll give you the run down now, and provide pictures later.


I had an amazing time at home. As always. It's so nice to be home, and every time I'm there I remember why I am so excited to move back, and I forget more and more things that I thought I liked about Utah.

Thursday: Mom and I went to visit Grandma, who is having some pretty severe health problems right now. My mom has been going down to take care of her about ever other day for a while now, so I just went with her. It was nice to get to spend some time with Grandma, and to see how brave she is eventhough she's in a scary situation. We also saw Papa, which was great. It's nice to see how much they love each other. I know that when Justy and I have been married for as long as they have, we'll be the same way. Hopefully sooner.

After that, we came home to pick up Rosie, and then went to Berryville for Mag's tennis match. It was great to see her play! I think it's really cool when you find something your thing, and you can tell she has a real talent for it. Not to mention, she's playing #3 on the Varsity team at Jefferson, which is a HUGE undertaking for a Freshman. I'm really glad I could see her play.

Then we had Anthony's Pizza and wings. Heaven. Nuff said.

Friday: I got my hair cut, which was fun, and Dad took off the day, so he met Mom and I for lunch afterwards. It was really nice that he took the day off, because I got to spend a bit more time with him. I really appreciated that! We ran a few errands, and then headed home to prepare for the SHOWER!

Saturday: The Baby Shower!! I can't say enough about how completely wonderful it was. We have a rather large family, and they almost all live right in the DC area, so there were a lot of people there, which was so nice. On top of that, there were a ton of people from our Ward family there to support my Mom and I, and that meant so much to me. Sometimes I forget that there are actually people in the world that care about me besides my immediate family, because we are pretty alone out here in the West. But going home, and having such a wonderful event like that reminds me how blessed I am with family and friends that care about us.

Everything was perfect, and every detail was attended to, as is par-for-the-course with my Mom. She is so classy, and everything she does is just perfect. Talented, kind, generous, what a great lady.

Saturday night, we went to dinner, and I tried to rest a bit because my ankles were bigger than softballs.

Sunday: I stayed home from church because of the afore-mentioned soft ball ankles. A few weeks ago, Ruby pulled me over on a walk, and I had some pretty severe residual bruising and swelling from that. It was exacerbated by the plane ride, and then just wouldn't go down. I figured that Sunday was my best bet to get the swelling down, so I just took it easy.

Poppy and Grandma Maureen came over that night to see us and spend Jake's birthday dinner with us. It was really nice to see them! I wish that I could've had more time and gone to their house so they didn't have to drive all the way over, but since it was such a short trip I guess that's all that would work out. But like I said, it was GREAT to see them, and I'm always amazed at how Poppy keeps bouncing back from some pretty severe health problems. Cancer? No problem. Heart Attack? Been there... And I'm glad to know he likes our Baby's name so much!

Monday: Monday was kind of crazy. I woke up to find Mom not feeling very well, and before we knew it, she was throwing up. An hour or two later, I started to get that old familiar feeling as well, and started the throw up marathon myself. Suffice it to say, we couldn't keep ANYTHING down, and so around 3 we decided I should probably go get checked out at the ER to make sure I wasn't dehydrated or anything. Normally, I'm extremely reticent to go to any doctor of any kind, but this time I think it was wise to be preventative. Flying and dehydration both increase your chances of preterm labor, and since I was flying out the next day, I didn't want to risk it.

Luckily, everything was OK- they gave me an anti-nausea medication so that I could keep some fluids down, and send me on my way. (But not before I left them a bright green present in Triage...)

Tuesday: I came home! As fun as it is to be there, it's always nice to come home. It will be the best when I can DRIVE home at night, or just go over for the day, or meet my mom for lunch... Soon. Soon.

Sorry this is so exhaustive! I know 95% of you reading this have no interest in the detailed run down of my trip, but that's OK. I had a great time. And that's that.


Mike said...

Call me a sap, but I loved hearing about your trip. I miss the closeness of ward families. Glad to hear you are feeling better and excited to me little Ollie!!!

Mike said...

BTW, that was actually Emily!!!