December 26, 2008

Red Sky at Night, Sailor's Delight.

These pictures are a few weeks old, but they are really too beautiful not to post. If my photography skills were a little more adept, you would be much more impressed at how wonderful the sky really is. It always surprises me the light show that Mother Nature puts on for us each night. And how often do we stop to take a look?

These were both taken from my front porch.


This one was taken on the night when we were able to see Jupiter and Venus, both right next to the moon. It was beautiful. My little point and shoot digital camera doesn't take pictures so well in the dark, but I rested it on Justin's shoulder to get the clearest view possible. Needless to say, he tried, but he isn't the most still person I've ever met.

1 comment:

Em said...

Those pictures are beautiful! Can I borrow your crocheting flower book sometime? Or better yet, where did you get such a neat book? Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas! Heather is having a New Years party if you guys are interested! You can meet Tatum, (he is so cute!)