November 10, 2008

Words I live by

Sometimes, I think we all need some words to get through the day. I heard this from one of my professors about 3 years ago, and there really isn't a day when I don't repeat it in my head. It helps me put things in perspective.

3 Things to Live By:

1. Life is hard, but you can do hard things
2. When things don't go as planned, don't get frustrated- make the best of it.
3. T.T.T.: Things Take Time

In every situation where I struggle, one of these inevitably helps me pull myself out of the dark abysses I create in my head. Things aren't as bad as they seem, and attitude has a lot to do with how things turn out. I just think that sometimes my attitude needs a jump start.

I think it's very wise advice to memorize these things. That professor actually put them on the tests we had for that class. I really am grateful for good advice, especially advice that is concise enough for me to remember, as well as applicable enough for me to want to remember.

No comments: