November 16, 2008

Mini Update

So just a little update...

This weekend was Tommy's 19th birthday. On friday night, his actual b-day, we had him and several of his friends over for lasagna, mac and cheese, broccoli, and ice cream. We played Apples to Apples, and Tommy got to open his gifts from Mom and Dad.

Saturday, I finally got my hair cut! It's been since the beginning of April that I cut it last, and I really needed it. It was nice to get out and do something for me, and Justin was kind enough to do all the dishes from the night before while I was gone. We went to Wal Mart and stocked up on Christmas lights and began hanging them outside. Unfortunately we ahev to locate a ladder before we can finish, but for now, our garage looks really cute. Justin is a dream boat for offering to put the lights up. I got a good one...

Saturday night we went to Progressive Power Tumbling for a little party Tommy was throwing for himself. It was insanely fun, and at only 6 dollars a person, it was a great deal. He had reserved it, so we had the place to ourselves for an hour and a half! Tommy was quite the daredevil. Ali took some pictures/vidoes- maybe she'll post them on her blog sometime? Afterwards, the friends of ours that came, as in not Tommy's friends, came back here and we watched an X Men movie. Don't ask me which one.

This morning, we got a call around 10:00 from someone in the Bishopric to come in for a little "meeting" before church. Of course, we all know what that means. We were called to the nursery. Usually that's followed up with a groan, but we're actually excited to get to serve in there. Our ward is huge, and we have 3 nurseries. Each one has about 20 kids in it, so there's a huge amount of 1.5-3 year olds in our ward.

This evening has been relaxing and uneventful. Apologies for the lameness of my posts lately. I've had a crazy week, and have been completely pooped. Hopefully todays resting will get me ready to start another week tomorrow. Probably not though. Monday always hits me like a sack of bricks.

2 comments:

Vallen Family said...

Nursery can be fun...ok, I'm lying. I didn't like nursery, but I think that you guys would do better at it cause you are more patient then I was. :o) Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend! We will have to get together when life slows down enough. I have this healthy soup that is really yummy, we would love to make for you guys!

JAG said...

I'm actually kind of jealous that you're in the nursery. I want that calling. Better than sitting in RS alone every week...