June 5, 2012

Another wordy post with no pictures.

I haven't posted much because our computer has been down and out for some time.  Luckily, we have a very good friend that has mad skills and was able to fix it for us.  Additionally, I think it's just taken me longer to settle in and get into a routine in our new place than I anticipated.  We unpacked all the boxes the first weekend we were here, but there's a certain amount of settling that has to happen before I get really comfortable.  I think I have to use everything once, and have it settle in to the place that it goes (and remember where I put it) and then be able to find it the next time I need it.  I'm still in the using things the first time/ trying to remember where I put things phase.  Yesterday I ripped apart my completely clean and organized (ha!) closet looking for Ollie's quilt top.  Found it in the baby's room.  Stuff like that drives me nuts, and reminds me that I haven't finished moving in yet.  Once that dies down, I'll feel more at home

Other than that, life here is awesome.  I really wake up every day feeling so lucky and blessed that we can live here, that we found a home we like, that Ollie gets to spend so much time with his family, that Justin has a great job that he enjoys, that we have a new baby on the way, that I get to teach piano lessons... I could go on and on.  It's one of those periods in my life where I'm bracing for impact because I feel like things are too good to be true.  Sure, we have things we're struggling with, like always, but things really are so good right now, and I'm so much happier here than I ever was living so far from home.  I feel like I've reconnected with a part of myself that I was missing for so long.  The part that I was missing was probably my family.

I'm teaching piano lessons now, which is wonderful.  I LOVE it, and it brings me a lot of joy.  I have 11 students, which is about my maximum for now, but it really is great fun, and I hope they get as much out of it as I do.  The money helps too, and it feels nice to be contributing, even in such a small way.  I feel like I thrive on expressing myself through art and music, and there's a big part of me that feels much more at peace when I'm actively engaged in those types of things. 

Now to Ollie- I could go on about that kid all day.  He has grown so much in the last few months.  His vocabulary has exploded, and seeing him become interested in specific things is so fun, and such a window into his little personality.  He is completely obsessed with animals, as I think most kids are.  We have flash cards that he loves to look at.  We show him the animal, make the sound, talk about what it does, and he soaks it up like a sponge.  His favorite animals right now are peacocks and monkeys, and he does the cutest little monkey impression I've ever seen.  He always asks Justin to tell him stories about a peacock as part of his bedtime routine.  He loves playing baseball too, and my mom got him a little bat and ball set, which he has become very proficient with.  Probably better than me, not that it's saying much. 

I signed Justin and Ollie up for parent child swim lessons, and I'm not sure who's more excited about it.  Justin has wanted to do swim lessons with Ollie since before he has born, and we were lucky enough to find a Saturday morning class through parks and rec that starts this month.  Ollie turns two in the beginning of July, and I can't believe that the time has gone so quickly.  I look at him and can't believe that he's the same little punkin I held and nursed and rocked to sleep just yesterday.  I imagine this feeling only gets worse as they get older and older. 

My pregnancy has been going well.  I'll be 18 weeks this Saturday.  We get to find out the gender two weeks from Monday, and I'm really excited for that.  I will certainly post then to let everyone know what we're having!

No comments: