February 14, 2009

Valentine's Traditions

The first Valentine's day Justin and I had as a couple, we spent apart as he was living in Provo going to school, and I was at home, my senior year in high school. That year, I sent him a package full of homemade fortune cookies, the fortunes being a letter I had cut into pieces. He had to eat all of the cookies, and piece together the papers to get the message.

This is our 5th Valentine's day together, and although we don't ever make a big deal out of the holiday (we love each other every day) we try to continue the tradition of making fortune cookies. It's fun, and there's really no other holiday where it's as appropriate, in my mind at least.

Today, we had our sister Heidi and friend Nathan over to help us make our fortune cookies, and I think they're some of the best yet, but judge for yourself. Boys were in charge of the fortunes...



"A broken clock is right 2 times a day"

"A Broken digital clock is never right"

(I wonder who wrote this)

(...and this)

"Want to skip two months mortgage payments? Call Tyler Theobald..."


Guess what the boys were doing the rest of the time?

1 comment:

JAG said...

"You will be blessed with lots of happiness and prosperity."