September 24, 2008

In case you couldn't tell

I'm home, sick, from school/work today. I've been on the couch with my quilt and kitties all day, which gives me a chance to do a little more blogging than usual... Hope it's not obnoxious.

I realized that I've been posting a lot about random stuff lately, which is probably not what people care about that much. So if you're a relative who just wants to know what we're doing and have a few pictures to gander at, this is the post for you. For now anyway.

I think I might start another blog soon that can be a place for all my random stuff, and keep this one strictly us-related. Does that sound like a good idea? Or do you like it mixed up a bit? Let me know, and that's what I'll do.

Here's a few pictures from today:


The kitties are best at keeping me company. I used to be under this big mess of snuggles, but got up to take a picture because it was so cute. They were like this for about 2 hours... Calvin came back for more when I sat back down. What a good boy...

These always make me feel better... They are yummy, and cheaper than frozen blueberries. I took a picture of a piece of it in my hand, but it looked kind of gross, so here's the bag I emptied...



We recently acquired this adorable bookshelf from Pier 1, thanks to an unnamed generous donation. Justin picked it out himself, and I am really proud of him. He has great taste, especially when it comes to wood products. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and stability. I put all my cookbooks on it so it is easily accessible from the kitchen without taking up counter space. It also makes the transition from living room to kitchen a little less abrupt by covering up the back of the couch. I want to crochet a doily for the top, and also one for the top of my dresser.
Those will probably take me about 15 years to complete. :)



Notice the v-shaped shelf, held up by criss-cross side bars. It's so cute, and perfect for holding bigger books. It also makes everything easier to see and grab quickly. Awesome. Our little house is coming together, finally!

No comments: